Sunday, March 11, 2007

Back to my first love...

i am so excited to meet again my "first love"... and that is reading novels, mostly romance. i started reading romance books when i was still in grade school with mills & boon, barbra cartland & harlequinn pocketbooks. it made me so "kilig" everytime i finish reading it but it also gave me some sleepless nights because i don't want to be "bitin" and para mas feel ko ung story... during high school days, i switched reading to books of sidney sheldon & danielle steele. the first book that i read of sidney sheldon is "rage of angels" and for danielle steele is "the promise." and from there, i became addicted to their novels...

i think i stopped reading my kind of books when i got a job. i don't know, maybe because i'm just too preoccupied by my work or because it's different when you have to buy it from your own pocket and not from your parent's allowance. heheh. of course, your salary is just enough to buy for your basic needs & some "luho" like dresses, shoes, bags, etc. and books are the last in my budget list as in kung may matitira pa sa pera. so, i give-up on my book addiction a long time ago especially when i entered marriage-hood and then motherhood...

but not until last week that i happen to read a thread on GT(girltalk forum) about books that most girltalkers love. that was when i became obsessed again to go back to my first love - reading books. my in passion for it is still alive in me. it makes me thrilled again just to think of it... i am now browsing for books of good reviews but for starters, i already bought 4 used books from ebay as i think buying new ones is now a luxury for me. naging kuripot na kasi. heheh.. i bought 2 books by sidney sheldon, tell me your dreams & the sky is falling (the other two that i have yet to buy are the best laid plans & the other side of me) . it's too bad that he already died as i really love his books. that's why i have to complete reading all his books... and the other three books i bought are the wedding by nicholas sparks, the summerhouse by jude deveraux and the undomestic goddess by sophie kinsella. on my list to buy yet are books of judith mcnaught (i only read "until you") and more of sophie kinsella. and maybe other authors too...




oh, for sure, it will be many sleepless nights for me again but i am glad that i would give my "first love" another chance to be part of my life again...